Producing Energy from the Olive Core
The aim of the programme is students to understand that:
1. The olive tree is very important especially in Crete.
2. There are different ways to produce olive oil and these affect the final quality of the product.
3. Apart from the products produced from the olive tree, there are residues (olive core) that can be used as a fuel that is friendly for the environment (biomass) for energy production.
1. Welcome the students. Information about the exhibition and the programme.
2. The importance of the olive tree.
3. The importance of pharmaceutical olive oil and phenols in human health.
4. Presentation of the old olive mill with a working maquette.
5. Presentation of the olive core and its characteristics (biomass). How can we exploit it?
6. Use of interactive educational models show how we can produce energy with the olive core and the benefits.
7. Guided tour at the exhibition and presentation of machines for domestic or industrial use that work with the olive core.
* ROBOTIC 3D PRINTING: At the moment 3D printing is presented supportively to all the programmes, and at the end children takes a souvenir object in the classroom.
Information about your visit
The educational exhibition ENERGY-ENVIRONMENT is open for school visits and for the general public, for groups over 20 people. Visits are organised after contacting the personnel of the exhibition. For planning a visit and cost information please contact us on phone numbers 2810 254410 or 6972 507155 daily 09:00 – 13:00.
* The maximum number of people can have slight deviations on occasion.